Chapel-en-le-Frith war memorial
The Leader grant funding was used to restore the war memorial sited on the market place in Chapel-en-le-Frith.
The memorial was originally erected in 1918 funded by public subscription. The restoration work consisted of the repair to the stone work on one side of the memorial, the re-pointing of the memorial and its surrounding steps, restoration of the four original gas lamp holders and the connection of them to the electricity supply.
Once the restoration was completed the names of those who fell in WW2 were inscribed on the memorial.
The project has enabled the memorial to be restored and made safe for future generations.
Leader grant £8,564.43.
Chapel-en-le-Frith Parish Council
Tel: 01298 813320